sexy is an attitude

14.11.07

future prospects

yesterday, i had an interesting convo with my parents about my future career and profession, which stemmed from me wondering about which uni to aim for. well, the uni that i eventually will enrol into obviously depends on duh, what i want to do with my life.. but i'm pretty set on going overseas, if possible. (a scholarship wld be good!) i know that i definitely will not go to NUS. if i do choose to remain in sgp, it will be in NTU...mass comm or smth. but i'd rather go to either australia or the US. i was talking to joa the other day abt the University of Sydney, cos its brochure piqued my interest. i was drawn in by its emphasis on the arts and all, so i told my mum, and apparently it is one of the unis that she had in mind for me! because australia is near home, and also cos she has a friend living in sydney who can take care of me. she also said that she knows me well enough, and she feels that sydney is great for me cos the shopping is good (she actually said that!!), and cos it is an arts hub. i love watching performances, and in sydney there is the opera house, so its quite ideal. hehe. but i dunno yet la.. and IF i choose to go to the US, there is the whole SATs thing to consider. egad. alot to think abt. >.<>no, they arent merely vacuous bimbos etc. but the old cliche of mum knows best is true i tell u. i have long given up that SIA ambition. it is not for me!

so as of now, i've thought of some careers that i think i will enjoy and have a passion for. Undoubtedly, my profession will have to be interesting and preferably not office-bound. i dont think i would be able to stand being in an office everyday. and, i would want to of course, capitalise on my strengths and inclinations, i.e. writing and people. so maybe a broadcast journalist/tv anchor/documentary presenter like diana ser and lisa ang. something to do with media, but which is not frivolous. or maybe a travel host! haha like samantha brown. maybe a theatre/movie critic so that i can put whatever i learn in DEP to practical use haha. ultimately i want something that i can continually engage my mind in, and whereby i am given opportunities to learn new things everyday. (:

so exciting right. it gives me more incentive to study hard. my daddy told me that some of my best traits are that i push hard for what i want, and that i am determined, and that i have a good personality. and you know what, i've concluded that truly, the ppl who know u best (apart from close friends) are your parents. cos they've seen u grow up and stuff. (: wahaha.

XOXO

5 Comments:

  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    bev darling! good that you got down and finally had this heart to heart talk with 'the folks'. haha. i shall have mine once i get home. i totally agree with what you say about parents...they know us no matter how much we deny. haha.

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    goodness!! bev u are so mature and sensible(:
    i wanna go sydney with u!! haha

    <33
    CHERYL
    xoxoxo

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMGOSH OMGOSH OMGOSH. go australia with me! im applying for UNSW, USydney or ANU (top 3 choices) in either july 2008 or jan2009 (:

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow.. looks like you've got your whole life planned out... I'm totally clueless as to what I'm gonna do man...

    Anyways.... the comments by ur parents are rather accurate.

    Isaac

     
  • At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What SIA ambitions did you have?

    So, should i give up on my dreams too? haha.

    Btw... Even though most people say they don't want to end up in office, quite a lot of them eventually do. =D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home